Monday, December 10, 2012

Every Journey has a start




Is been a long journey that I been through. Let me share little but where I come from, I began to work and assist kids in 2002 at Maoyi Home Based Care after I lost my dad.  Then in 2006 I gave my life to Jesus and continued to serve in my community. Towards the end of 2008 got a call from God to leave all what I was dong be hide. At the beginning of the year 2009 went to do DTS at YWAM Kruger Park/ Ten Thousand Homes. Throughout that time God changed my life and told me that YWAM base was my new home.
I didn’t know what God was calling me to do at place where I didn’t even know what I was stepping into.  I was introduced to the youth in the community Mbonisweni and we became friends. At first they didn’t like me that much some thought I was from Maputo they way I was speaking. The I saw friend who were lost they were parting I join them so that I can get to know them better doing what they were dong with a heart of how to help then to  get out.  Then a bible study was established for the boys only and the first one they didn’t like it. But didn’t give up felt in love with the kids, more program began to shine through my four years been with them. I saw God change many people life in the bible study, youth service, soccer ministry, youth events, woman events and feeding programs.  

This is what i was teaching the kids to do
There are many things I wish I can write about what happened in the community with the youth but let me quote words from the youth 
 
‘’ Lennon,  Stanley came as an outside spend time and nights at my house, I was lot that time and we where parting all the time. He joined us so that he can catch the fish. Sometimes you need to swim with the fish so that you can know the fish well. He has been a good friend, taught me how to love kids I didn’t love kids like he do. He always plays with kids; he has been mean to me in a loving way. I think he came at the right time before I had to do a DTS and he helped me with that as well. I learn a lot from him I also encounter the Lord through him.’’

 Mzwadile a leader that I look up too and man I enjoyed serving and minister too.
‘’Mzwadile looking at the past years who I was before I was lost and through Stanley and God I never thought I was going to be the man and a leader that I am today. Stanley show me that leading people is not easy and you don’t need to lead people with your own understanding but you need to listen to what God wants.  Is so painful to see him leaving us but because of his investment we will able to continue were he left and able to take it further more he didn’t just leave us empty handed.” 
Witnes  “ I meet Stanley at the camp he was teaching about God and it was in my heart that I want to know the God he is talking about and he also said to me I am hungry to learn. I started to join the church and learn more about God. “’

Mxolisi  ‘’first time I meet Stanley I was thought he was from Mozambique as well, but as time goes by began to know him and I was lost as well  but he encourage me to keep growing in the  Lord I didn’t attend bible study but he didn’t give up on inviting me. Also on soccer he told me that I was a good soccer player yeah he did taught me many things’’

Lorryn “First time I meet Stanley I thought he was crazy, for me there are many thing that he taught me, even here at church he did manage to unite us a s a youth to be one. He also taught us how to love each other as brothers and sisters. He was good on encouraging and even though you did something wrong he was not judging you but encourage you all time so I wanna thank him for that.” 
Pastor S “ I also didn’t like him at first because they way he was talking but one day after the church he came and spoke to me about how many music do I know and I said many and he then he said how many verses do I know found out I only knew the one was taught in Sunday school. It was a challenged that he put in to know God more. I can say there reason I know God is because of him. He been a good brother, he also taught me how to plant.”
 Caven “from what I learn from Stanley was how to love people that was something I didn’t have in my life because I use to love being alone but now I know how to share with other people.”
 Lucritia ‘’First time  before I preach Stanley gave me a scripture that even today it help me to be the person I am today. He gave me so many positive advices about life and God. He been a good brother even at home they took him as one of the family member, one day he wanted to take us to the soccer game but at home they asked me who I am going with when I said Stanley they were so relief that shows that they do trust him. “

Pastor Nkambule ‘’Stanley doesn’t listen he forget what it was said in a good way because that it makes him to go beyond and challenged the youth to go extra miles. There were many things here but you made them shine, and I think for you going we will see more leaders rising up. You were good with the little ones many of us don’t have a way to play with them but you are gifted to them. Even at church during the service they will always wanna seat on your lap and they don’t do that to anyone”
 Mamphatsi (pastor’s wife)“My first time to be welcome at this church Stanley was there, some time along the road we had conflict but one thing I love about Stanley he was teachable and a good listener. After few minutes he will be laughing as always. I saw the enemy attacking him in many ways and he will always come to tell me and we prayed about it. I am so sad about him leaving us I didn’t know that the time is now for him to leave. I saw many changes in the youth’s life, beside that you loved kids when us we didn’t notice them, it was like you are Sunday school teacher kids always run to you, you didn’t end there you also went to love the mothers at church with all the honoring woman events you did for them. You did build many things in this church like you where an adult. You been a father, and a brother and when you say you are doing things you do it. You came up with many creative ways for fundraising you been a blessing to us. And what I love about you is that when you do something you do it with all your heart I think that Is a challenge for us to do things like you did.
Remember one day blessing was at home, and my mom called me and asked who is Stanley because all blessing can talk about is Stanley, kids will miss you. You made them felt love. You also went to the community and love more kids. I think of the preschool kids when you show up all the kids scream and you will pick all of them one by one because you notice everyone.  My heart is broken for you leaving and where you are going; i hope God will bless you and the people you are going too they are so bless to have you.”
 My time with TTH and YWAM has been amazing learn a lot about living in a community I have a family that I don’t think I will ever find anywhere. But my time came to an end with TTH and YWAM. I am at home now at Masoyi spending time with family and friends hoping to get a job soon. 
Thank you for all who supported me through prayers and financial I thank God through you.
stansome85@gmail.com if you have any questions or words or encouragement. Etc

I had a good time working with the youth sharing life together and doing many things as brothers and sister. I will miss so many things about the youth and the kids.. I think what I enjoyed the most working with the youth was to see God changing many youth;s life and them taking ownership running things themselves. It just encourage me to want to do more.

Stan the man forever  

2 comments:

  1. You are loved. Never forget that. You have allowed God to let you make a difference. Never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. Just knowing you, I am sure it will be something exciting!

    ReplyDelete